, Rezpe & Oberron
Problems in sources of information
Society advances when information goes faster from brain to brain.
Those are the identified problems with the information we currently consume:
- No source of information is given
- Facebook Google and other companies are keeping us in information bubbles
- There are better features in some channels for example Google News understands better than Google search
- Recommenders are opaque systems
- First, corporations do not want to divulge how they recommend.
Secondly machine learning models are difficult to understand because you human categories are not the same as machine categories and we do not have words to describe them.
There's a lot of noise and quantity.
- There's a lot of so-called influencers or expert just throwing information.
- Quantity is more important than quality and becomes the sole KPI to maximize.
- Info funnel from Ali Abdal source Youtube @07:05
Redrawn here to provide human readable text based version controlled content:
| image | text |
| | txt |